Can You Imagine This Happening To You On Your Wedding Day?
At Slightly Unusual we know the Wedding Industry inside and out! We perform at well over 1000 weddings a year and have helped thousands of couples make sure their wedding has the WOW Factor. Over the years we have met hundreds of wedding suppliers, everything from DJ’s and entertainers through to venues and dress suppliers and all points in between. 90% of the time these suppliers are amazing. They will literally move hell and high water to make sure that their clients have the best day ever.
Unfortunately there are a small amount of wedding suppliers that really don’t care about their clients. Their sole objective is to make as much money as possible and they don’t really care about their clients. To be clear these suppliers are few and far between but they are out there.
This was highlighted to us when an online article was highlighted to us earlier this week. You can click on the link below and read the article. Basically what happened is that a wedding supply company called Monster Munchies closed down literally overnight. Couples claim the unexpected closure of Monster Munchies left them without catering packages, decorations, DJs, dance floors and photo booths ahead of their big day.
You can read the whole article below 👇
The thing that you need to take from this article is that it is so important to do your due diligence when booking wedding entertainment. We have talked about this before. You can read about booking wedding entertainment by CLICKING HERE and you can read about the dangers of booking cheap wedding entertainment by CLICKING HERE.
The bottom line is that on your special day you want to make sure everything is running
smoothly. You don’t want to worry about
suppliers not turning up or delivering what they have promised. So the question is how can you make sure you pick the correct supplier. Here are a few tips
1. Make sure you speak to you supplier either over the phone or in person. In this digital age it is easy to book something online without never speaking to someone. The problem is it is very easy to create an online presence that makes someone look great when in reality the opposite is true. You can arrange to speak to the supplier at a wedding fayre or speak to them ever the phone but make sure you do something other than just book online.
2. Check reviews and ask for testimonials. In the article above several brides are quoted as saying that they only realised afterwards how many terrible reviews were posted online about the company in question. There was even a Facebook Group set up for clients that had been ripped off. A little bit of research would have helped a lot in this situation. It is very difficult to stop bad reviews appearing online in this digital world. Make sure that you ensure that you have thoroughly checked for reviews before making your final decision
3. Find out if the supplier in question has worked at the venue you have hired. If they have you can contact the venue and ask their opinion about what they were like. You will find that the venue you have booked will be very helpful and accommodating. If your supplier has worked at your venue a few times they should be able to give you an insight into what they were like to deal with
4. Watch videos online. This is especially important with entertainment and things like bands and DJ’s and magicians. A magician can tell you they are good but an honest video of a magician at a wedding performing will actually show you this is the case. A DJ can tell you that their lights and booth look great but watching their set up at an actually wedding will prove this is the case. If a photo speaks a thousand words then a video speaks a thousand.
5. Follow your chosen supplier on social media and see how engaging they are. Some wedding suppliers social media is like a ghost town. They hardly ever post. Other suppliers will be posting content all the time.This really gives you an insight into how much the supplier cares about their business. If they post all the time and engage with their audience they obviously care about their customers and their customers perception of them as a company. We aren’t saying that if a company never posting on social they are terrible but it should ring alarm bells.
So there you have it! The most important thing is that you are comfortable with your wedding suppliers.
If you would like to speak to us about being the magicians at your wedding we would love to chat to you. We promise that if you book us for your special day we will turn up and not only that your guests will love us!